You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Sunday, July 10, 2011
A Child's Prayer
Sundays are always hectic around here. We usually get to church around 9:20 and it is the 9:01 service. I try my hardest each Sunday! Today Greg woke up with a migraine. I really wanted to go to church, so I decided I could handle both of them by myself. He is feeling pretty crummy and the kids get worried about him. On the way to church I hear Kennedy say something like, "we need to pray for Daddy." I take that opportunity to tell her it would be a great idea to ask God to make Daddy feel better. She says, very strongly, "No, Mommy! I already did that!" I've never heard her say that she prayed for something all on her own! Then we get to church and the sermon is about doing things full force, and not starting strong and the quitting. He talked about our prayer life and how we should stay strong in praying. I smiled at that because my daughter, the 4 year old, taught me a lesson today. I need to spend more time praying all on my own. I pray all the time, but I am sure that God would like to hear from me more. Thanks, Kennedy, you are wise beyond your years. I am sure God was smiling when He heard that prayer today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment