Wednesday, July 20, 2011

9 Years and more blessings than I can count!

9 years ago today, I walked down the aisle of one of the most beautiful church's in Georgia, Christ Church Frederica. I tripped going down the aisle because my huge dress got caught between my legs. I remember the laughter that everyone needed at that moment because half of our families were already crying. I was young and in love. I had so much ahead of me. I had thought of that moment for so long. It was absolutely all I ever dreamed of and more. I remember looking into Greg's eyes and knowing how right what we were doing was. I love a wedding. I still do. I love celebrating the love two people have for each other. In this day and age, marriages don't last forever. I am so incredibly thankful for the man God chose for me to marry. He's not perfect, and I don't expect him to be. I am definitely not perfect. If you know me at all you know that. We've walked through so much in the past 9 years. From living in a barn, buying a house, losing a baby we so desperately wanted, struggled for a year with infertility, had two precious miracles born within a year and a half of each other.....I could continue, but I won't.
Tonya's cancer only reassured to me to live life to the fullest and appreciate each moment. She always has to remind me to stop worrying about my clean house and just have fun. I tell myself that a lot too. She's got it right in that. We need to enjoy each moment. I've started being better about saying thanks to God each day. I got to laugh with my kids today. For that I am so thankful. Now, at the end of the fun at the pool they were both screaming. I will admit I was not so thankful for that. Yet, somehow we forget those moments and remember the laughter. They are what is important. Greg and I have such dear friends and family. You've helped us walk through so much. 9 years ago, my little family started. I sit here today in awe of a God that truly does know the plans He has for us. I just had to learn to sit and wait to find out what was in store. It truly is beyond all I ever imagined. I am so incredibly blessed and that I owe to our God who loves us so.


Thank you Lord for my family. I'm not worthy, yet very humble, of the blessing I have received. May you always watch over us. Help Greg and I lead our family to know you. What a wonderful life. Amen.




Happy Anniversary Gregory. I know sometimes I don't say I appreciate you, but today....total appreciation. I love you!




1 comment:

Kittie said...

Sweet!! Happy Anniversary!