Monday, January 3, 2011

Potty Training a Stubborn Boy

This post is all for you Whit. Or maybe it is for your future bride, when someday she talks to me about potty training your son. I'll just hand her this. :)

You are 2 1/2. You speak in paragraphs and use words that I didn't even know you knew the meaning of! So, I your mother, who has been changing diapers non stop for 4 years now, decides to try to potty train you. You hate it. You hate the potty. These are some of our recent conversations...

Me: Let's wear a pull up today.

W: NO! I want to wear my diaper. I love my diaper!!

Me: Don't babies wear diapers?

W: Yes, but I like my diaper. I am a big boy and I like my diaper!

I lost this arguement! Another day...

Me: Whit, do you have poop?

W: Just a little bit.

Me: Seriously? It stinks! You really need to use the potty!

W: Well, you can change it, then the garbage man will take it away. It's ok mommy.

I think he is going to wear diapers until he is 10. I give up.

Oh, and he is wearing a diaper today....in case anyone cares.

No comments: