Well, she's FOUR!! December is a hard month for having a birthday. I always want to make is special for her. It wears on me having a party and Christmas in the same week, but it is just my life now. It comes with the season. We have always had her party the week before Christmas. Friends tend to scatter after the holidays so I found it easier to have it before. She had a Fancy Nancy party at Monkey Joe's. We had the party planned for our house, but the weather took a turn for freezing cold and rain so we decided to move it. Then came Christmas, and then finally her big day. You would think that all the pre-celebration she would not make a big deal our of her day. You don't know Kennedy if you think that. :) My precious child, enjoyed every minute of her day. The day started with chocolate chip pancakes. It is what we always do on their birthdays. They get sung to at breakfast. Whit wanted us to sing to him too. He had a hard time the entire day with letting her have a birthday. By the end of the day, he was telling everyone his birthday is in July. :)It has kind of become a tradition for us to go to a movie on her birthday. She loves the movies. Last year, we saw The Chipmunk movie. I told her we could do whatever she wanted and the movies it was! We saw Yogi Bear, which I would totally not recommend to the adult viewers, but she and Whit loved it. Then we went to El Som, her favorite restaurant, and had dinner. She had such a good day. Her big gift was a big girl bike. She is getting pretty good at it. We had to ride around in the house because it was so cold outside!!
My favorite moment of the day......We are watching the movie, she leans in to me and says, "Mommy, tell me Happy Birthday again." I love the innocence. I love that their was nothing that would make her happier than to hear that again and again. It was truly HER day. So, December birthdays don't suck around here. In fact, they last longer than the normal birthday. :)



I adore you, my little girl. You have spunk, you are feisty, you love with your entire heart, you adore your family and friends, you laugh uncontrollably, you can pitch a serious fit and stick to you guns about how you feel, you are passionate about your opinions.....and you are only 4. FOUR. That would be 1,460 days of me being your mommy. I am loving every minute of it. Thank you little girl, for all that you do for me. You are truly a miracle and I am forever grateful you are here on this Earth. You make us so proud. We love you so much, Kennedy Susan!
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment