Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let Baby Season BEGIN! :)

One of my dearest friends in the world, Sarah, is having her baby this month. It is the beginning of baby season around here. I have been surrounded by pregnant women for months and months. I went through a brief baby envy phase and it has quickly left me. ;) I am being a bit nostalgic tonight, so please forgive me. You should know I get that way sometimes. This one is about Sarah because she is just really on my mind tonight.

Sarah was the kind of friend you just need when you walk through what I did. She and I spent hours and hours rocking in my rocking chairs on our front porch talking about life. She was just such a good listening ear for me when I was trying to get pregnant. She and I walked this neighborhood a million times just talking. Then she rejoiced with me when I found out we were having K. Right before Kennedy was born, Sarah lost a baby. I don't think I'll ever forget how strong she was when she showed up in my room at the hospital the day Kennedy was born. I knew that pain. I knew how she felt. I also knew how incredibly hard it was for her to come and smile and see my precious miracle for the first time. She was just that friend. I have a picture of Sarah and J (with his pink shirt for Kennedy on) that means so much to me from that day. It is the true testament of a friend. I am so thankful for grown up friendships. I have dear, dear friends from my childhood. As you get older, it is harder to become good friends. We met them as adults and I feel like we have known them our whole lives. God's blessings are wonderful. Friendship is such a blessing.

So, my fun friend, I look forward to the beginning of my baby season. I look forward to rejoicing with you as you welcome your second child into this world. I look back on our history with fondness because we are stronger because of it. I am thankful that when I had no words for you I knew what to pray. I prayed for a hold it baby for you and He answered with Banks. What a time of rejoicing. I think it is very fitting that Eli is due around Kennedy's birthday. It was a time when you stood strong with God holding you up. You stood there with me only by his grace. And now, you will be in my place, there holding your son. What a good God we serve!

Let baby season begin!!!!!!!

Oh, and Jen, yes, there is a future sappy blog about you too. :) Waiting on cupid! :)

No comments: