Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good Tidings of Great Joy!

I adore this time of year. One of my most favorite things this year is church on Sundays. I love Christmas music, but there is just something about singing a Christmas song in God's house. Today, we all made it to church without a single grumble from anyone. It is always a fight to get them dressed and out the door. Today, it was wonderful! I sat in church with my husband and sweet babies at my side and there is nothing better.

I was pregnant with Kennedy and due right around Christmas 4 years ago. Greg said today that I might as well call her 4 already. I snapped back, I know for a fact that she was not born this time 4 years ago. I wanted her out SO badly!! :) I think about that Christmas now so much we when talk about Mary and how she traveled before Jesus was born. I am thankful for that year. I am thankful that my very first miracle was born around the same time we celebrate our world's greatest miracle. So, this Christmas season, through the busyness and shopping, I hope I take time to stand still. I hope that even more than on Sundays, that I stop and thank our God for the things He does for us. For it is because of Him, that I have this joy. It is because of Him that I hold my sweet miracles each day.

Luke 2:10 "Behold, I bring you tidings of great JOY, which shall be to all people."

Merry, Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Liza said...

I am so glad I was home from China in time to be there when she was born :)