Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LIFE

Greg and I made the trip up north to visit my brother and his family. We left the kids this time because our trip would be so short. I haven't visited with them by myself since I had my own kids. I was kind of sad we weren't bringing the kids until I got there. We immediately played make up (Henley and I have been playing that since she was 1) and dress up. This would explain Henley's made over face in the pictures. :) Paisley did my hair, complete with a nice headband and TONS of hair spray. She says, "This will make your hair hard." ha! We even did Lander's hair. We spent time just hanging out and talking. It was such a good weekend!


Playing Dress Up: Lander, Paisley, and Henley



Paisley: This is the only time she let me do her hair. I talked her into a messy bun. :) Man, I wish K would grow some hair! haha!

Greg and Lander (notice the new hair do)



Henley and I: this is the first time I have ever thought we looked alike! She is definitely becoming a Sartin! She is also becoming a pre-teen and I love it! She is so grown up! Where did the time go????


As expected, I have a lot of thoughts to say about Tonya. She's already been through so much. I don't know how she manages a household and cancer. She looks like she has been through a world war if you see her scars. She's battled so much already and she's not even done fighting. There are times she is down, I am sure of that. But others, she is smiling. She is thankful for being here. She only made me cry a few times. Having to pray to God to be around to see your children grow is not a prayer I ever thought I should be praying. It's her's everyday. It's mine everyday now too. I think I thought it would be weird to see her like this. I haven't been up since she was diagnosed. It wasn't at all. I think because she is just the same person. Minus hair of course, although she does have a very proportional head. She totally rocks the being bald. I am not sure my head would look that nice. :) I love her. I love how she loves my brother. If you don't know her and meet her, you won't be the same again. She has no clue of the impact she is making on all of us. We are all forever changed. She truly is an inspiration to those around her. She is truly amazing to be around. I'm thankful for all the days our families can be together. Family is such a precious, precious thing.







Me and My Bro
I would also like to mention Blake a little here. My heart hurts for him so much. I worried so much about how he was really doing. I still do. After being there and seeing how he is, I now know our prayers are working. They still smile and laugh together. I am sure they have their hard moments, but they still have a family to raise. I'm so incredibly proud of my big brother. He has always been good at the caretaker role. He's taken it on with grace and strength I didn't know existed. He's pretty amazing himself . I love you so much, Blake!








Aunt Katie and Uncle Greg :)








2 comments:

Tonya said...

Another thought... I agree that Henley does look a lot like you! And I also agree that Blake is awesome!!! He has been a rock throughout this ordeal. And luckily, he's been treating me like a normal person... which I'm not sure if I ever even was normal before cancer ;)

Tonya said...

My first comment didn't get published... We enjoyed having you and Greg "up North" for a visit! The kids enjoyed all the extra attention (which they've been getting a lot of this summer... and they need it). I missed seeing your kids... I hope we'll get to see them soon! I do enjoy all the pictures and commentary on their lives via this blog and FB. Technology is great to stay in touch from far away.... so give them a hug and kiss from all of us!!