Thursday, July 22, 2010

Are We Like This?

Tonya posted this to facebook and it made me think.... (sorry Tonya for stealing your words but they inspired me) :)

"I was at Buddy's BBQ tonight with Hen after we went shopping. The girl at the register asked me about my cancer. She said that she would pray for me, and pointed out another worker who prays. They came out from behind the counter, held my hand and prayed for me. One girl told me, that no matter what the outcome God would take care of my kids. I know this is true, but I don't like thinking about it. They were sweet!"

I cried when I first read this. Then I thought about how awesome it is of these two people to be strong enough in their faith to meet a stranger, see that she is going through so much, and take the time to pray with her. Are we all like this? I would like to think I am, but truthfully I know I am not. Maybe this is going to make me more open about my faith. I know that just talking to Tonya amazes me. She has always had a contagious laugh. She gets to giggling and you can't help but join her. I love to still hear that. And we do. She still laughs. She is going through so much and can still find joy in life. I think this should be teaching ALL of us to take time to appreciate even the littlest of things. I am always appreciating my children. I love to watch them grown and change. I am learning to appreciate my own life. Grown up life is full of crap and struggles, but those are not things that matter. Life, our lives, how we choose to spend them are what matters. So each day, may I thank God that I am here. May I thank God that all my family and friends are safe. May God teach me to pray for people I don't know well. Maybe one day I will bold in my faith and pray with a stranger that I know is suffering.

Thanks for all your prayers for Tonya! God bless you all!

No comments: