Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Summer :)

Dear Summer,

I've enjoyed you so much. I love this time of year. I love staying up late and sleeping late (7:30!!). I love endless days with my babies. I get teary when I think about the massive amount of time I have had to spoil them. I asked Whit, "Does Mommy go to work?" He says, "No, Daddy go work! Mommy stay home!" I love that they think I am a stay at home mom. We've had endless days at the pool. The kids have eaten more than their fair share of country club pizza this summer. We have played and played. We've gone to the beach. We've seen eagles and turtles. We've even done the GSU museum which takes a grand total of 20 minutes. :) We've survived shopping trips to Walmart (all three of us alone). Ring pops have helped us do that. I've watched BOTH of my babies learn to swim. I can't take my eyes off Whit but Kennedy can now swim in the pool all by herself! Last summer was hard. Whit was still morning napping, we were dropping nursing, Kennedy couldn't swim yet. This summer......just perfect. I do have a 2 year old now that likes to be difficult sometimes. And Kennedy....well if you know her that is all you need to know. But life, as it stands now, with my two children a year and a half apart in age is just as I would wish it. They fight and yell. They don't listen sometimes and I would still 100% define my life as perfect. Everything doesn't go as planned. I am overwhelmed like crazy sometimes. That's life though. So, my dear summer, as we bring you to a close I will say this. Thank you. Thank you for all the joy and laughter you have brought. We are now walking into what this school year holds. It is a lot of change for my babies, but I think we are ready for it. We are tan and relaxed thanks to you. If you didn't exist I don't know if I could. :)

Sincerely,

Your number one fan,

Katie

No comments: