That's all I could think when I took these pictures. Kennedy and Greg are off dancing the night away at the Father/Daughter Dance. It is a fundraiser for Bethany's Place, a foundation set up by our friends in honor of their daughter, Bethany. I got a little sentimental (surprise!) after they left thinking about it. Bethany passed away when she was ten days old. (I might be wrong on the exact day) Her parents knew she would not live and didn't even know if they would ever get to hold her. They knew that before she was born. I think about how I felt losing my first baby. Then I think about how much I appreciated the gift of being able to hold my precious Kennedy in my arms. She was so tiny, yet so strong and healthy. God had truly blessed us. How fitting is it to honor that sweet Bethany with something like this. Each dad can take their precious gift, their sweet daughter, and dance the night away. They can celebrate their girls and the miracles that they are. I was honored with the chance to meet Miss Bethany Green while she was here on earth. And I remember looking into that child's eyes and seeing a strength and purpose. Long after she has joined our Lord, her message still lives on. God's miracles are great and we should be thankful for all we are given. He trusted me to be Kennedy and Whit's mom. He chose me. And now, my life has a greater purpose. A little baby's eyes and her parents strength will always go with me. I'll never forget that. These days, this life, it is one word...BEAUTIFUL.You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Saturday, March 14, 2009
BEAUTIFUL
That's all I could think when I took these pictures. Kennedy and Greg are off dancing the night away at the Father/Daughter Dance. It is a fundraiser for Bethany's Place, a foundation set up by our friends in honor of their daughter, Bethany. I got a little sentimental (surprise!) after they left thinking about it. Bethany passed away when she was ten days old. (I might be wrong on the exact day) Her parents knew she would not live and didn't even know if they would ever get to hold her. They knew that before she was born. I think about how I felt losing my first baby. Then I think about how much I appreciated the gift of being able to hold my precious Kennedy in my arms. She was so tiny, yet so strong and healthy. God had truly blessed us. How fitting is it to honor that sweet Bethany with something like this. Each dad can take their precious gift, their sweet daughter, and dance the night away. They can celebrate their girls and the miracles that they are. I was honored with the chance to meet Miss Bethany Green while she was here on earth. And I remember looking into that child's eyes and seeing a strength and purpose. Long after she has joined our Lord, her message still lives on. God's miracles are great and we should be thankful for all we are given. He trusted me to be Kennedy and Whit's mom. He chose me. And now, my life has a greater purpose. A little baby's eyes and her parents strength will always go with me. I'll never forget that. These days, this life, it is one word...BEAUTIFUL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Just beautiful!
ok, let me wipe my tears away- beautiful words katie! :)
I'm crying!
Those are beautiful pictures. I'm sure they had a lot of fun at the dance!
Post a Comment