We've been together for a decade this year. A decade!!! WOW! I look back and wonder how it has been that long. I was just a baby when I first met Greg. We've grown up a lot together in our twenties. We got engaged in the early days, had a beautiful wedding...mmmmm... ..one of the greatest days of my life. We found the PERFECT place in the world to live, our barn. I feel like we grew up a little there. It was sad to leave. Then we grew up a little more and bought our first house. We were starting to feel like real grown ups then. Then we stepped into a new land of becoming parents. That is a journey I think we expected to come out differently. He stood beside me in the darkest moments I have ever experienced. He held my hand and told me it would be ok. He stood strong beside me and faced the fact that we might never be able to have our own children after mourning the loss of the baby we would have had. I watched him grow up a little more the day Kennedy was born. He instantly became a wonderful daddy, even worrying so much about her being in that awful incubator! He stepped away from a job that was comfortable to him to step out and support his family even more. He traveled more than he wanted to in those early days, but he did it for us. I watched him grow up even more when we had our son. He's a man of constants, my Greg. He likes things the way they are. He wants it to always be a happy same old thing place. I think as we've walked together through those wonderful twenties, he has seen that life is not always that. But as you walk, if you have your best friend at your side it might just be ok to step outside of that familiar path and seek out things you never expected.
He's the patient one. I'm the one tapping my toes. He's the pillow and I am the rock. He sees the sunshine when sometimes I am seeing clouds. He's the calm and I am the storm. I think that is why we work so well together. I am so thankful to have married my best friend. He might snore really loud and the way he sneezes makes me cringe just thinking about it, but I am truly happy. He loves our children more than I could ever ask for. He loves me unconditionally no matter what. He is patient and kind and is truly my love. I look forward to the next 30 years as we grow up even more together! Maybe we will be resting by then because our kids will be in their 30's! Happy Birthday my Greg! I love you!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Greg!
That is so sweet, Katie!!! Great post. :)
happy bday to a great guy!!!
This post created so many opportunities for obnoxious comments...but I will keep them to myself as most of them were shared last night :)
Post a Comment