Well they say that all good things must come to an end. Tomorrow is my last official day of maternity leave. I am back to work on Monday! Gone are the days of wearing my pajamas until I felt like changing into real clothes. That might happen after noon or before depending on my mood of the day. :) It is funny the difference in my time away from school this time as opposed to last time. I had Kennedy and was so worn out! I thought it was so hard. Then I realized it wasn't that hard at all! Life with one child is a breeze! This time would actually be the harder one because I am chasing a toddler around all the time too! No sleeping until 9:00 because I got up in the middle of the night a million times. My sweet Kennedy awakes a little after 7:00 and thinks the rest of the house should get up too! I am so thankful Whit has been such a good baby. He was a good sleeper from the start. We are down to a 3:30 feeding and then he sleeps until about 7:00 which will work perfectly with my work schedule. I will have to wake him up a little earlier to eat but he should be fine with that. I will say that I have enjoyed my time off to the fullest. I have rocked my sweet baby as much as I wanted. I have stared at him endlessly until I thought I really need to get up and do something! I have had lots of good lunches with friends. One of the things I will miss most is my breakfast time with Kennedy every morning. She helps me cook something, make coffee and we sit and talk while Whit takes his morning nap. I feel like I have gotten some stolen moments I wasn't going to get with her while I have been out. We've had picnics at the park, days playing at home, and I have really enjoyed her. I thought I would get so much less time with her and I actually got more! My sweet little Whit has become a little person lately. He is starting to enjoy us and I love it! I am sad about leaving him but I have a better knowledge of what will happen this time. I know he will still remember me. I know he will get a million kisses a day while I am gone by Miss Michelle. I know he will be taken care of and loved. That is the only reason I am ok to go back. Tomorrow I might not shower until 4:00 and we all might stay in our pajamas all day. I might rock my baby instead of putting him in his crib to nap just because I can. Then the weekend will come and Monday will be here before I know it. I'll get up, pack up everyone, and off we will go. I might cry huge tears but you know what? I'll survive and so will they. It is a good feeling knowing that. Oh and then I will have a week off the next week for fall break! It works out nicely doesn't it? :) Say a prayer we all survive which I know we will! Oh, I meant to explain the pictures. The one on the right was taken first. He was so cute in his lil punkin outfit. Then he began to projectile vomit everywhere....aaahhh! I rushed him and Kennedy inside. She was screaming because she wanted to stay out and play and didn't understand why we were coming in. I gave him a bath and put the other sweet outfit on. It is super cute! It even has fuzzy lamb feet and a tail in the back!
2 comments:
Good luck Monday! You'll be a champ! And, I got your message about Kennedy and Banks... made me so happy that she recognized him! Also, now that Whit's face is filling out he looks way less like an old man!
ok, you have to stop making me cry! your writing is always such a pleasure to read- you have a way with words girl! good luck monday!
Post a Comment