Monday, June 30, 2008

18 MONTHS!!!


Kennedy turned 18 months on Saturday!! She is a big 1 1/2 now! This is the month she most likely will become a big sister. She had a good year and a half with us all by herself and I think she has really enjoyed it to its fullest! She doesn't seem big enough to be a big anything. She is still so small! I am amazed at the things she learns everyday and says. She is constantly surprising us!


At 18 Months Kennedy....
1. Loves to play pretend. Her favorite things to pretend are a cat, dog, and a baby. She will crawl around and meow or have you wrap her up as she pretend cries like a baby. She also plays mommy to her babies, changing diapers, feeding them, and changing their clothes.
2. Is OBSESSED with bugs. Why? I have no idea. She loves anything that is a bug, likes to point them out, loves pretend bugs, and doesn't go a day without mentioning bugs at least 10 times. She even ate chicken the other day because she called it bugs and laughed the whole time.
3. Loves people around her. If you take her out to eat she will say hi to everyone and make her scrunchy smiley face at them.
4. Everything is nice. Sometimes if you give her something or do something for her or someone else and her comment is, "Nice." She likes when people are nice I guess! :)
5. Pat the Puppy is her favorite book right now. She is learning to turn the page with the TV that shows pictures of babies and she is really obsessed with babies.
6. She still loves her Dew and Dew has learned to say his version of her name, KeKe! They fight all the time, but we call that love. It is love!
7. Likes to feed Riley. She will go and give Riley a piece of her dog food one by one and my dear Riley takes every piece from her and eats it nicely. I am still amazed at how well Riley adjusted to Kennedy!
8. She has learned the joy of Aunt Wookie (Courtney). Courtney has been in Nashville and is home just for the summer and Kennedy has taken to her Wookie! Wookie pulled up next to us in her car and K yells, "WOOKIE!"
9. She has learned that grandparents will give you anything and let you do anything and finds great joy in that. She gets so excited to see her MeMe and Pops and SuSu and Poppa. She has them all wrapped which is a good skill if you ask me! :) Bat an eye and it is yours! Keep that up K! :)
10. She has great pride in her mommy and daddy. When I walk through a store and someone stops to say something to her she will pat my arm or point to me and say in a sweet voice, "Mommy" like she is so proud of me and wants everyone to know I am her mommy. It doesn't get much sweeter than that! I know that will fade away, I will enjoy it while it lasts!
Ok, those are just a few things.... I will stop now, I think I could go on forever! Happy 18 month birthday K!








5 comments:

Haylee said...

She is just so adorable- I can't believe she is 18 months already! I also can't wait to meet baby brother!

Kittie "Kat" said...

So sweet :)

The Smith Family said...

She is the cutest!! This is one of my favorite ages. They are so sweet right now and really keep you laughing. I can't believe little brother is going to be here so soon! We love yall and we can't wait for the call that he is here!!
Cindy

Annie said...

This is Sarah and Jonathan's friend, Annie. I just wanted to say that Kennedy is so cute! I check on you every so often. Just wanted to reveal myself as a lurker. :)

Liza said...

As always, Kennedy is beautiful! And I'm very impressed with your flowers. I would like to put them on a cake!