We are having a BOY!! I really cannot believe it. I went in today thinking it was a boy. We went in for the ultrasound and I got nervous! I really didn't care what it was, it is just weird to actually know! Kelly, the ultrasound tech, (whatever you call her) whom I love, zoomed in and started smiling. I said, "Do you know?" She says yes and then zooms in a little more and asks us if we can tell. Then she says, "It's a boy!" I was overwhelmed at this point and started crying. I don't usually cry at exciting times in life. Like to day we found out we were pregnant I was too excited to cry! I am usually caught up in the excitement to cry! This just overwhelmed me though! I think maybe the fact that we weren't planning this baby, the worry that we would never have another baby, and then getting this baby and being amazed everytime we went back that it was still ok, has been a longer road for me that I thought. Just to see him and know that we will hold a little boy in our arms is just so amazing! Taking the path we have taken makes you appreciate your little ones a little bit more than the average couple. What a miracle! So welcome to the Olliff home my precious baby boy! We can't wait to meet you! I have a lot to do. Nursery? Greg's office? What ever will we do? :) Things will fall into place.
We would also like to announce we are not announcing the name until he is born. We do have some quality names picked out, we haven't settled on one yet. We will refer to him as Baby Brother until he gets her. I tried it out on Kennedy and I swear she said brother tonight on the way home. Maybe I am imagining things...
I tried for 45 minutes to post the ultrasound and it would not let me. I will work on that later. I am too tired!
11 comments:
I knew it!
I need a reminder of his due date. I have forgotten.
Congrats to you and Greg! Way to go! Love, Sandra McClain
I'm so excited for you! This is really going to be fun!!:)
KATIE! I was so excited when Bill let me know!!! I know y'all are just so overwhelmed with excitement- now you have one of each! What a blessing!!
Yay! That is so great. I have lots of little boy clothes too! Lexie is just learning what havoc little brothers can cause. She tells him no and he bites her!!
Kennedy won't know what hit her when Drew and baby brother get old enought to leave her out :)...Who am I kidding...She will probably have them dressed up like Barbies!!
I'm still speechless - I am just so excited! Banks and I had a long talk (about 3 AM this morning) about how he is going to have new friends with new baby Olliff and Tucker, and they will go hunting and fishing together, and play baseball, and go to church, and love each other so much! He's super pumped!
congratulations, katie & greg! that's very exciting news! we will find out what we are having in about 6 weeks! :) when are you due?
Thanks everyone! The baby is due July 26 although Aunt Courtney swears I am farther along than they say I am!
We are so excited!!
check out MeMe's new blog
I just opened your blog this morning. Sorry for the late comment. I knew the day you found out and am so excited for you, Greg and Kennedy. Another boy in the Hatten family. We can't wait. I had a special visit the other day from Kennedy and SuSu. There are not many toys at my office, so we stacked rolls of cash register tapes -great fun.
Aunt Deb
Post a Comment