Sunday, June 22, 2014

Out hearts are full

We went through a tough experience adopting a new puppy this year. After some heartache and a tough choice we finally welcomed home our precious Cash. I have always wondered how people have a home without a dog in it. I have always had the pitter patter of paws running through my home. Greg and I got Riley a month after we got married. I needed a dog to make my family complete! Riley turns 12 this week. She has stood by me through so much. You might laugh at me, but that dog brought me through some of my darkest days. She was an answer to prayer for sure. My heart already aches for the day we have to say goodbye to her. I hope her little dog mind knows how much she has meant to me. Watching my kids love my dog babies is one of my favorite things. Whit has begged to have a dog that will sleep with him, and big old cash will snuggle in that bed with my baby for as long as I will let him. He is a crazy mess of a puppy, but our hearts are so full. Go ahead and laugh if you don't understand dog love, but for us, this family of 6 is in dog heaven and we are so very thankful. 









No comments: