Monday, June 23, 2014

Bored?? Never ;)

For a brief moment today I thought I might be bored. Like actually out of things to do bored. How awesome is that?? Then I found 1.2 million things to do again and the moment was over. 

I love a summer day like today. We went to vacation bible school, home for lunch, decided to just hang out for the day, and then it started to rain. That good summer rain, oh how I love it. The kids (and dogs) and I sat on the porch and watched it rain. I can't remember the last time I took the time to do that. 

I hope when all the hustle and bustle of life hits again I take time to stop and enjoy the small things again. That is my goal this summer, I want to soak in those lost moments. Just like today that could be forgotten, but I will hold on to it instead. Whit's laughter as he chases cash through the yard, Kennedy's giggling as she videos the whole thing with commentary of course. These are the days.... The glorious days of summer, where rest is found, family is appreciated, and life is simple for just a moment. 

Soak it in. Remember it. Video it. Or don't and just stick it in your long term memory. Just don't forget it.


No comments: