Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Too fast

They grow up too fast. I wonder sometimes if my heart can bear them being old enough to be on their own. He is 5. Sweet, sweet 5, such a fun age to raise, but my baby is 5!! Tonight he is flying around the neighborhood on his bike. What is it about seeing him gain the ease of riding with no training wheels that makes him age like 10 years?? That precious baby boy is now so strong, so full of energy, brings joy to all that know him, is becoming a big kid. My heart swelled with joy tonight for my son. I am so proud of him. I had one of those moments where you just tear up when you look at them. I love this child. I am thanking God tonight yet again for allowing me to be his mom. I hope I do the right things. I hope he grows up to be a great man of God. It is my prayer everyday. I love you Whitfield Daniel. You make my heart smile every moment of the day. 

And my day ends with him gently taking my hair in his hands and stroking my face saying "I love you mommy" oh please oh please, let time stand still....

No comments: