Tuesday, September 17, 2013

People...

Oh my goodness at the people to thank for this week. I will try to list them but I am sure I am going to leave out someone.....

Blake: he was one of the most powerful presences there for me this week. Something about a sibling that knows exactly how you feel. He took over for things I didn't even know what to do with. My heart ached for him the whole time even though we were walking through this together. Not a moment passed that I didn't feel grateful to have him there. When he left I cried the nasty cry, not because I couldn't make it without him, I just loved having him there. 

Tonya: wow....I love when tonya is in take care of things mode. She was right on it the moment she arrived. She did things we needed to do around moms and handled more than we emotionally could.  She was also there for greg and I am thankful for that. They have a bond those two outlaws. Poor things married into this family. 

Henley, paisley, and lander: I always love these three, but this week their sweet innocence was such a nice break from reality. I adore these children so much! I could sit and talk to them for days and days and not get bored. 

Patrick: don't laugh, I am glad he was there. We had conversations we needed to have. We are not all the same, my brothers and I, but at least a few moments this week we were united in one cause and that was a pretty neat experience. 

Greg: I know I probably should put him first. My list is not by favorites I promise. I love so much about greg. We give him a hard time about a lot of things but this week the only word I can think to describe him is amazing. He was stronger than I have ever seen him. He was there for me when I thought we were losing dad. He took care of things I didn't even know I needed taken care of. At one point he took my mother's weepy face and held it in her hands and said "you are the strongest woman I know. You pray harder than anyone I know. You can pray him out of this." Everytime I turned around he was where I needed him. I am beyond proud to be your wife Gregory Daniel. In good times and bad.... I love you so much.

Susan and Brucie: I don't know if you have great in laws but I sure do. Susan is pretty amazing if you ask me. She took my babies and took such good care of them. She even came down on one of our worst days to see us..... It all means so much to me.

Jen: you can make fun of us but I love my Jennifer. I told her I don't think we have ever hugged so much!? I needed to see her that day. I needed a hug from home. I needed her to be in that moment with me and she was. 

Sarah: oh sweet Sarah and her prayers. When I need someone to pray I always go to Sarah. I think hers are quicker to god. Her heart is so pure for her friends and family...it is one of my favorite things about her. She has been there without being "here" every moment of the way.

Liza: kindred spirits. No matter how far away we are, when something happens she is there. She has been so supportive this whole time. I know she wanted to be here and the fact that she was willing and ready to come meant more than she will ever know...

Jerk: she is my sister in love. Yep court I said in love. She wanted to bad to be here but she was so supportive to greg and I am so thankful for that. 

Anna: she was one of the first people I called. What is it about some people that can soothe you in the moment? Well Anna has that gift that is for sure. We have been friends since 5th grade and I don't know what I would do without her. She very calmly said "ok, well this is what you are going to do..." Love her...

Stewart and bill: we have been church jumpers. We finally found southbridge. One of my main reasons for trying there was Stewart. I always said if I was dying I would want Stewart there. If something good happens I want Stewart there. Guess where Stewart was when we were at our worst? Right there with us praying over my daddy. And sweet bill.... So thankful to see him that day!

My boss: she told me to go. She told me she was praying and when she says that she means it. She sent me inspirational texts and encouraged me the whole way.  When he was healed she said "see?? I told you!! Now you can share this miracle with others!"

My team of teachers: oh what would I do   without them? I felt their prayers the whole time and they took are of everything I needed! I mean everything!. not one worry about school crossed my mind this week. Such a blessing...

Friends and family: I love Facebook but this week it has brought a whole new meaning to me. It was like I had this force field of prayer warriors out there for me. And boy did their prayers work!! I was so encouraged by every sweet message and words of support. It meant so much! 

Nurses: Kat, Jamie, and the countless others that took such good care of my daddy. I don't know where to start! Today I said goodbye to Kat and I cried. They just did so much. We went from near death with them to a man sitting in a chair having a conversation...and they walked us through each moment. God bless them for all they did for my family. 

The life saving team: this consists of tons of people some who I know their names and some who I don't. Charles, Adam, our EMT guys, the ER nurses, drs, and so many others. They each worked to save his life. Some by chance and some by trade, but each person was not by chance but by the grace of God. 

Mom's sweet fiends: phyllis is taking this hard. We have walked her trough it in large part thanks to her sweet friends. They have been so supportive. I am having to leave tomorrow but I know she is in good hands. She'll rise up. She is strong. She's pretty amazing my mom. I am proud she is still standing after this week!

If I didn't list you it isn't on purpose. I am still in awe of the amount of love and support we have received. It is beyond amazing. I am thankful for a lot of things this week.... Life, friendships, family, and a God that watches over us even when we don't know it. I stand in awe of you.... Forever in awe of how great our God is.



1 comment:

Liza said...

Thanks are not necessary. This is what you do for the people you love. You would do the same for all of us and already have for many of us. Remember when Greg had to fight you to keep you off a plane to come get me in China when you were 9 months pregnant? Yeah. Part of why we're here on earth is to be here for each other! We love you and your whole family!