You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Saturday, September 14, 2013
New normal
We are on day 5, or maybe 6 since our world was turned upside down. I faced life without my daddy. Mom faced life without her husband. The magnitude of this week is starting to sink in. Today we finally heard the sweet words "most likely he will live" music to our ears.... Nothing in life is a guarantee. Not one single thing are we promised other than everlasting life. Mom is learning how to run her family after dad doing it for so many years. We are learning that our parents aren't going to be here with us forever and we need to make the most of each moment we are given. He is 63. That is not old. That is me in 28 years. He is not done with this world yet. I keep staring at him wondering what he will say when he wakes up. My prayer is that he is forever changed for the better. I hope he can see through this how loved and important he is to each one of us. I am praying there are lots of years left in that heart of yours, Harold Sartin. You have scared us to death, but I know all things happen for a reason. You went into cardia arrest at a moment that you had people around you to save you. Someone we don't know pulled you from your truck and began CPR. Ems arrived in 3 minutes and performed life saving measures on you. They nurse you had the am was the one that did CPR on you when you arrived here. The EMS guys have been back to check on you. The nurses come each day and make sure you are still doing well. Your lung dr today said you are a small miracle. He is the one that told us your chances of living was 20 % and you were the sickest patient in the CICU. I laugh at the small miracle comment. God doesn't do small miracles. They are all big. You are our BIG giant miracle and I can't wait to tell you that. I can't even go through how many people are praying for your healing. It is beyond amazing. So, remember when all of this is over, that God saved you and He has great plans for your future. I am praying for lots of days ahead of time with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment