I always get so sentimental on their birthdays. I am so very thankful to have been blessed with two healthy children. I thank God for each year that passes. This year on my birthday, I showed up to work with my door decorated from top to bottom. I was given a crown and wand for the day. If you know me at all, you know I enjoyed every bit of it. :) My kids LOVED that is was my birthday. Hearing Happy Birthday from 120 6th graders is quite fun. They were very excited it was my day. :) I even got a present from one child, who claims to not like me at all. It was all wrapped up nice and neat, with a handwritten note from her. I love it. I spent the day doing all my normal things, picking up from dance, getting the kids changed for soccer, watching a soccer game, then home for cupcakes! When I finally sat down for the day, snuggled next to my miracle blessings I once again thanked God for each day. I pray each day that I get to see my children grow old. I want to live until I am all wrinkly and hunched over, cooking Sunday lunch for whoever will still come. I hope I am a very happy old wrinkly lady. You may be laughing at me right now, but I am very serious about this. I am fully aware that life is too short. I hope that when I look back on my life, I see more days of laughter than of sorrow. I hope that I spend the majority of my life enjoying being a mom rather than bogged down by the daily trials I am facing. I need to read and re-read my saying this over and over on the days that are hard. It is my goal in life to find the good in each day. I want to teach my kids that too. I am so very blessed. I have my precious family and it's all I ever dreamed of. I look forward to what God has in store for me this year. 34............sounded so old not too long ago, and here I am, 34. I am so ok with it.
Thank you Lord, for each and every year I have here on Earth. May my life be glorifying to you in every way. I know I am not perfect, nowhere near actually. I take you for granted. I take my life for granted. I don't stop and say thank you near enough. I am healthy. I am so very thankful for that. You have blessed me more than I ever deserve. It is my HONOR to raise these two precious children. I am so blessed to have such a loving husband. I am humbled, and thankful today. All I have, all I am, I am because of YOU. May I live each and everyday to honor you. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment