Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mommy :)

 I think sometimes Moms don't have time to think about themselves.  We are busy raising kids, or praying for kids, or fixing dinners, running errands, grocery shopping, praying we are doing the right thing, and on and on and on.  I am so blessed to have my mom around.  She raised me to be an independent woman that fights for what I believe in, can handle anything that comes my way, and loves my children and family unconditionally.  I hope I make her proud, because I sure am proud of her.  She wants so badly for this to be her last year teaching.  I tell her over and over how she can make it if she has to.  She stops and says, "how did you get like this? You always see the bright spots."  Well, Phyllis, it was you.  You've walked through so much in life, and yet each time, after a few tears (or a lot) you pick yourself up and keep going.  You are an inspiration to me and I am thankful for each moment we have together.  I know I don 't answer the phone quite as much as you would like. I attribute that to my screaming children the time of day you choose to call. ;) I know I am not perfect, but I am a proud daughter. I am proud of you. I love you to the moon and back and maybe even a little more.  I wish Nana could be around to see us now.  I smile every time I buy you a purse because of think of her. :)  I always loved how she loved an accessory.  I hope you know how much we all love you.  This mother's day I am thankful for a lot of things. I am thankful for my precious Mom and the role she plays in my life. I am thankful for two miracle babies that gave me the most precious title I have ever held, Mom. Ours lives are not perfect by any means, but with family by your side, you can make it through anything.  I love you Phyllis Susan Anderson Sartin. :) I'm so proud to call you my Mom.

No comments: