Monday, April 23, 2012

ADORE

Whit had his first official "game" tonight. He played one inning last week and I didn't get to go, so I will count this one as his first game. It's kind of like when you child walks for the first time and you don't see it, it doesn't count. :) I adore this little boy. I loved every minute of the look of pure joy on his face as he played the game. Greg is right behind him at every moment cheering him on. He LOVES playing baseball and I love how proud it makes his Daddy. It takes me back to the moment Kelli said to me, "well, It's a BOY!" and I just wept like a baby. We didn't ask for him. We didn't worry that we would never have him. We didn't have time. We were just given this precious, precious gift of a son, and we are truly never going to be the same. I adore you, Whitfield Daniel. You bring such a joy to our family. Now, tonight you kicked the crap out of Kennedy and made her cry huge tears.....I am not thinking she went to bed adoring you, but it's the sweet moments with you that we remember. I am so very proud of you today. You've become such a precious little boy. I am forever thankful to be your mom.

I'll quote you here..."I am going to slide into second, and third." You are definitely your father's child. Greg still slides without hesitation. Even when it isn't necessary. :)

No comments: