
Being a mom is by far the best title I have ever held. I love these babies so very much. I was tucking Whit in tonight and he always begs for me to lay down with him for a few minutes. He actually asks for 16 minutes. Most nights, I say
ok, and climb in and rub his back for a few minutes. Tonight he says, "Lay down for 16 minutes, then we can just talk." Then this precious little boy, lays there and just grins at me, with more adoration than I even deserve in his three year old eyes. I can't help but
fast forward to the future where he won't stop and adore me like that anymore. I want to soak every single minute of this in. This little boy, all 36 pounds of him, loves me so very much. I hope I can always remember that look that he gives me now. He's always adored me like that. I loved how he would look up at me when he was a baby, and now he is filled with words and still that sweet look. It's something that I haven't captured on film, but it is truly etched in my heart forever. I took a moment tonight and thanked God for you, my Whit. I am thankful for each and every moment we share with you. I don't deserve to be your mom, but I am SO thankful God gave you to us. I hope that when you are all grown up, you still know how much I adore you. I'll never forget the way you love us. What a precious boy you are!
1 comment:
well now I'm crying!
Post a Comment