Tonight I read a children's book about Easter. My kids sat in awe of every word I read. Kennedy really was concerned about how exaclty they put the nails in Jesus's hands. Whit was very upset about the whole situation. I loved every minute of the discussion. It is rare that we are all calm enough to have a conversation like that. If one is listening, usually the other one is acting silly. Yet, tonight, they both sat wide eyed as I read the story. They asked very thoughtful questions and we talked about them. I am so thankful for my faith. It has grown so much through the years. I can't remember at time where I didn't believe in our God, but I know their are times that I have doubted his love. I don't ever doubt anymore. I just place my life in His hands. It's the safest place I know. I do have lots of questions for Him when I meet Him face to face, but until then, I will continue to try to grow in my faith and trust Him. He's done nothing but bless me thus far. As my conversation with my children tonight unfolded, I am sure He is smiling down on us. Those sweet innocent children.....already growing in faith. It is yet again even more than I could ask for. I serve a God that I don't deserve, but yet, I continue to be blessed. I am so humbled and thankful tonight.
Kennedy and Whit, may you always have the hunger for learning about God that you do right now. I love you both so dearly! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment