I am constantly blogging about being thankful. I know, I know, you probably are tired of hearing me say that. No, I do not spend each and every moment giving thanks for my life. But, when I sit down and reflect on anything I am always overwhelmed with what I do have. I want a bigger house soooooo bad. I want to be able to shop until my heart is content. (that would be a lot of shopping.) Yet, at the end of the day, my little house, which is always a mess due to the people that inhabit it, is just as it should be. It is warm and cozy and full of the people I love. That's all that is important isn't it?
This post is dedicated to Greg. For those of you that don't know his medical history it has been a long road for us since we got married. I joke and say that I gave him Chrohn's disease because he wasn't diagnosed until we got married. We went through lots of meds while trying to get pregnant, and finally after we found out we were going to have Kennedy, he was able to get on a medicine that worked. This year he had to go off of that medicine and has gotten worse. I have sat countless times with G at the dr, waiting and waiting, where we eventually make a plan to try and pray that this is what is going to work. He had some tests run this week. The dr gave me a report because they had to put G to sleep and he was out of it. I have sat in that office so many times talking to the Dr. This time, he walked in with a HUGE grin on his face saying how shocked he was that Greg was doing so well. Most of his disease has healed. There is still some parts that are diseased, but he was really, really surprised at how well he looked. He said there was no need for surgery, etc, and that we were on the right path. Now, pause here, because here I sit, having no clue I was worried about anything, and was overcome with relief. We talked for a little bit and then they went to get G for me. I sat back down in the waiting room and felt tears well up in my eyes. I think so many times I take him for granted. Yet, at that moment, I knew, in full clarity, how very important he is to my life. Hearing that he is BETTER, knowing full well that it is our GOD that is healing him, brought me to a point where I just sat and let a few of those tears fall.
It's a new year. Last year was so full of worry for our family. This year I claim as the one of healing. I am praying constantly for healing for Greg and Tonya. God's ability surpasses all that I can ever imagine and I love that. I am looking forward to what this year will bring for our family. We Sartin-Olliff's believe in stepping out in faith. My parents have always taught me that. I have seen that as an adult now and I believe in it even more.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Happy New Year to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment