She's full of spice and energy. She is also full of so much love for her family and friends. She loves with her whole heart. She adores her family. She even adores that little brother of hers. I look into her brown eyes and all I can see if the future. She's going to grow up to be a wonderful young woman. She's going to do something great with her life. I can see it in her eyes. I tell her all the time how much of a miracle she is and how much I prayed for her. This year is the first year she really began to understand what I meant by that. Seeing her grin from ear to ear to hear about how much we wanted her warms my heart. She doesn't understand what we went through, but at least she knows how much we wanted and love her.
My sweet Kennedy,
You were so very excited to turn 5. Everything you did today you informed me that you could now do this because you were 5, and 5 is pretty big. Your heart is so full of love for us. I hope you always love like that. You are a joy to raise. You keep me on my toes at times, but I wouldn't want it any other way. We are definitely raising a little girl that has a voice and a say in things. The things you love right now: ballet and Mrs Helen and Mrs. Ryan, school, your friends, cheerleading and going to my cheerleading practice ( you come home and practice toe touches) spending every spare moment with Drew and Lolly (and Whit too!), movies (you REALLY love movies), you love letters....you'll sit for an hour and write them over and over....right now they don't make words but you still keep writing them :), art....you love a drawing, your bitty baby and your new American Girl, Caroline! Gosh, I could keep going and going about you. Those a few of your favorite things.
We love you so much. Your daddy and I are so proud of the little 5 year old you have become. You make our family a happier place. I say this every year, but I'll say it again. Singing you the Happy Birthday song is my favorite moment of your birthday. It is my day of thanking God for another year for you. I am so glad we had yet another birthday to spend with you. 5 years......I pray for MANY, MANY more full of joy and happiness. Today, you said, "Thank you Mommy, for my birthday." It didn't mean much to you, but to me that is who you are. You are so incredibly thankful for everything. You even took time to tell me thanks. I love you with my whole heart, my precious little girl. Always know that. Happy 5th birthday!
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
Love her! Where did 5 years go?
Post a Comment