You ever have one of those days where you just completely stop and are thankful? They are my favorite kind of days. They don't always come as often as I want, but when they do, I am so incredibly happy. Today, we made it to 9:01 church at 9:01. I know, I know, we should be on time every Sunday. One of my former student's mom gave her testimony today. I love when God speaks through people. I needed to hear what she had to say today. Then we went to our new Sunday school class. We are helping to start a new class at our church. I have felt God calling me to do this for a while now, and I am so thankful for the people that have also felt that call. We helped start our FBC class that exploded into a million people after we had been there for a few years. It is neat to see how God works in all of this. Then we went to lunch, brought the kids home for Whit to nap. Kennedy had been terrible this am. She was whiney and I told her she was going to sit in her room when we got home. She totally served her punishment and we had a very good talk about listening. It is hard to get through to her sometimes, but today it was the perfect lesson. I know it will happen again tomorrow, but at least I won that battle today. ;) Then we went to K's practice for the FBC Christmas program. She is dancing in it. She was so nervous when we got there. Then they started dancing and I can't describe the smile she gets when she dances, but it seriously makes my heart sing. I know it seems silly, but the love she has for it makes me so proud. She just lights up and dances her heart out. My little baby, the one I birthed 4 short years ago, can follow a whole routine and dance with the big girls. It helped that she was dancing with Kaylie, Allie, and Chandler.(all of the big girls she knows) Then I came home and went for a run. I ran for 30 straight minutes!!!! I finally accomplished my goal. I can't believe it!!! I have come so far since I began the Couch to 5K! I didn't think I would actually ever be able to run that long!
So, today, it is one of those days. I accomplished something I never thought I would. I watched my daughter beam with joy over something she loves. I watched Whit giggle with laughter and fall asleep with a hoodie and gloves on just because he wanted to. My babies giggled their hearts out in the bath and it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. I am healthy. I have a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally. I was given two precious children to raise. God is good. He's blessed me beyond what I deserve. Praise God from whom all blessings flow........... I hope tomorrow I wake up just as thankful. I hope you do too.
No comments:
Post a Comment