Sunday, September 11, 2011

Praying

Whit has finally started saying his prayers on his own every night. I love to hear them say it. It is one of the sweetest moments of the day. When we are done we always thank God for whatever they want to last night it goes like this.....

Thank you God for my trucks, for big blue plates (he is really into eating off of the big blue plate), and make Anna Hays cancer better and Aunt Tonya.

Then he went into some random giggle about something silly so he didn't have to go to bed. For me though it had such meaning. We've been praying away cancer for over a year now around here with our children. It has taught them so much about how to pray for the ones we love. And it makes my heart happy to hear him remember two very special people to pray for and to continue to pray that cancer away.

God Bless you Whit, you precious boy. All the time I chase you around, tell you to talk quietly, to stop hitting......may I remember moments like this. :)

No comments: