Saturday, June 18, 2011

PROUD

You worry about them from the moment you find out they exist. Then you are amazed at every step they take. Their first words, first day at school, first time swimming across the pool all by themselves, and the list goes on and on. It's amazing. It makes you so proud of them. I signed Kennedy up for cheerleading camp this year. It is a fundraiser for the high school and I thought she would have fun. Yes, I was a cheerleader. Yes, I enjoy that she is loving all of my loves. There was something special about this week that I had no idea would happen to me. Yes, I said me. The first day of camp she woke up and was so excited. She never once asked me who was going. She just bounced out of the house like she was going to Disney world. I have never dropped her off anywhere that she has never been before like this. I signed her in and a cheerleader walked her up the stairs to the gym. She was too excited to even say goodbye to me! And this, my friends, was a moment I was not prepared for. My little girl, who I first saw her face only 4 short years ago, that i nursed for a year, changed her diaper, knew her before any sort of personality popped out, was marching up stairs with a huge sense of confidence. There was no worry. She was not scared. And I stood there and almost cried. She has such a strong personality already. 4 years!!! At 4 she is not fearful of much. She can step into something new with excitement and not worry. It was a proud moment for me. Extremely proud of a little 4 year old girl that is years beyond 4 deep down!

Each day she had a story about how wonderful it was. She was a little bit bothered because certain girls won the spirit stick each day and she never did. I guess it was a good learning lesson. On Friday she had a little presentation. She was so cute! She loves every minute of being the center of attention. I am not quite sure where she gets that from.;) Then they gave out special awards at the end. The final award was Most Likely to be and SHS Cheerleader. When they said this one I thought that is so cute! Then they announced K's name. She didn't know what it was or really cared. There is something about someone choosing your daughter, from others, that they have only known her for a week and saw something special in her. I know how wonderful she is, but for her now to share that with the world and people notice, it is yet again one of those proud mommy moments. One of the cheerleaders came up to me and said," I just really need to tell you how much I love Kennedy!"

Kennedy Susan, your spark in infectious. Your personality is going to take you far in life. I am proud of every step you take. I know you'll look back and laugh at me that I was proud of you at cheer camp, but you'll understand one day. I am so thankful to share my little miracle with others. I am glad they are seeing what I see in you, one very special little girl! We love you!

























































1 comment:

Kittie said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!