Saturday, June 18, 2011

Farewell Papi...you've served us well. May you rest in peace!

It was time. It was a year past time. He was beginning to annoy me by telling me long stories with it in his mouth. He only had it when he was sleeping or about to go to bed. He would ask for it when he was hurt. It was his comfort item. And I think because he is my BABY, I just had a hard time saying it was time for that to be over. We prepared for the coming of the papi fairy for a week ahead of time. When the day came, he knew what he had to do. And my sweet little boy, well, he did it was great pride and courage. He sucked out every ounce of that thing and proudly marched to his bed. I was shocked. Here are the highlights of the night....


Bath with the papi. He never does this. But the moment was near so he took it with him. ;)


(Note here*** I am now aware of how dirty the window is. Obviously that is not on the top of my cleaning list. I blame it on Riley.)

Big sister helping him get ready to give them away. She was enjoying this wayyyyyy too much!

Then he put them in his special box....




We were down to 3......




Proudly saying goodbye!




What a brave little boy!!!



And then his kissed every single one!










And that night, despite a terrible storm, the papi fairy visited our house. She even got Kennedy a book with a special note to her about sucking her finger. He was one happy little boy!


And you might wonder how we have been since then. Well, it has been SO incredibly easy! He'll ask for it from time to time. I remind him that we gave them away to a baby that need them. He is totally fine with the answer and will fall asleep. He's had no tears. He's so big! I am a proud mommy. I found another one today. I lingered for a minute and then rushed it to the trash. It was time. I let it go. It was me, not him. I am thinking this might be the theme for my parenting. I have such a hard time letting go! We're proud of you Whit! What a brave little boy!





No comments: