
If you know me at all you know that this blog is VERY important to me! I LOVE reading the posts years later. It is such a good keepsake for my children when they grow up. I keep saying I am going to make it a book. The longer I wait, the more expensive that book gets! So, shame on me, for not posting in FOREVER. Forgive me, my readers, I promise to be better! What's been happening at the Olliff house? Well, LOTS of course!!! Drewbie turned 4. I can't believe that baby is 4. He was the first kid on the "compound." My how we have grown in 4 short years!! I remember trying to hold him when they brought him home from the hospital. If you have ever tried to hold a newborn while being huge pregnant you know how difficult that is. I love the memory of holding him and still waiting on Kennedy. I like to think they were friends even back then. When they were born they truly were destined to be best friends. Their relationship has grown and changed and I adore it. I hope they will always be close. Kennedy was dying to see him today. It has been a whole day since she has seen him. She says, "I can't wait to see my best friend Drew." Then she says to Whit, "I bet you can't wait to see your best friend Lorelei." I cracked up. Whit and Lorelei are not currently best friends. They are more like a couple going through a break up. ;)

What's Whit up to? Well, first and foremost, he is getting WAY too big!!! He is all boy. He loves his daddy and everything he loves. I find this quite humorous because he looks 100% like a Sartin but has all the loves of an Olliff. For example, he is obsessed with bow hunting because that is Greg's current hobby. He is also loving football season. He'll sit down in front of the tv and say, " I wanna watch football mommy!" He woke up the other morning and saw that Greg was not sleeping in a shirt and insisited on sleeping in just his pajama pants. Like father, like son....it is just so sweet! He's a sweetheart this baby. He does love his mommy. My absolute favorite thing on earth is when he snuggles me close and takes my hair and plays with it. A little boy really does melt your heart. He went for his 2 year check up last week. I know, I know, I was a little late. He weighed in at 28.6 pounds and was 36 inches tall. That puts him in the 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. They can guess your adult height at 2 and that would make him 5'11. Who knows??? He'll be a tall Olliff that is for sure. It will quite amusing for the tall lanky Olliff to tower over Brucie and Greg. He's growing fast, but we are enjoying every minute of it.


How's Kennedy? She can make you laugh and laugh and laugh. She is enjoying school so much! She is making new friends everyday. The other day she came home talking about a new friend she met on the playground. She loves her teacher and I cannot get over the fact that she is going to pre-k next year!!! She is LOVING dance. Her teachers say she is very coordinated. They have nothing but sweet things to say about Kennedy. I think it is her favorite thing to do every week. I love that she loves it. That was something that was such a big part of my childhood. It also is what kept me in such good shape. I cannot wait for a recitial!!

That's it for now. I'll try to be a better blogger. October brings lots of good picture taking opportunities!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment