Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Hope...

I hope for so much these days. I hope that when these sweet faces grow older that they know how much I love them. I hope they learn that I spent each day being thankful to have time with them. You want to freeze time when you have children. People tell you that kids grow up fast. You don't really get it until you have your own. These babies, that I waited for, that I waddled around carrying while complaining about my poor feet, are now children. Children that can give me kisses and tell me they love me. K always tells me I am the best Mommy ever. Oh...I adore her. I don't want to forget a thing. I think that is why I love this blog so much. It makes me reflect. It makes me live in THIS moment. Whit's new thing is saying "Yep" to everything. Yes has never been part of his vocabulary. He now replies "Rep" which means "yep" and it is hilarious. I always correct him to say yes mam, but it sounds like rep mam. I think we laugh about this at least 10 times a day. I have lots of favorite times of year. I love the fall, although we don't really have fall here. I absolutely love Christmas time. It is one of my favorites. Summer is my happy place though. It's the time I get to find myself again. I get to sit down and rest. I get to go to my absolute favorite places on earth, the pool and the beach, anytime I want. And best of all, I get to be home with my kids. They get just me and this summer they are loving it. I can see how good it is for them to have me home for a while. Kennedy wakes up in the morning and says, "well, let's go to the pool today because it's SUMMER!" I smile because I can say yes to that. :) Being a working mom is hard at times, but teaching gives me the best of both worlds. I get that outlet to work outside my home, but I get a few months each year to be a stay at home mom. I love this.




Oh, and guess who is swimming now? That's right, my Kennedy is now on the move in the water, swimmies free! This picture was taken last weekend. One day in swim lessons and she got rid of those bad boys! Hahaha! She can jump in and swim to the steps safely and that makes me proud. :) A little 3 year old waterbug....takes after her Mommy. :) I'll post pics soon!


1 comment:

Kittie "Kat" said...

Drew is very proud of Kennedy's swimming. He told me all about it today!