The first time we took Whit to the beach this year it was pretty cold. He was not interested in the water much. He LOVED the sand. Then we went again. He was so scared of the waves he clung to me for dear life. Pause here for a minute. I was super disappointed. The beach is one of my happiest places on earth and I needed both my children to love it. In the summer it is hot and around here you have to get in or you will not make it a day on the beach! So this time we go and he again is scared to death. He digs his heals in my side when I try to put his feet in. Then I get the brilliant idea to hold his hands and swing him into the waves. He begins to laugh hysterically and decides this is not a bad place anymore. From then on he became a beach boy. He would run and fill up his bucket and laugh and laugh. Man I was happy about this. For a minute at least......So I take some pictures to document his first ocean fun. Then I put my camera up. The next thing I know he is barrelling full force into the ocean. Now, St. Simon's is not known for the clearest of waters so when he goes under we can't see him!!! Here is my safety alert! At one point he got a big wave, went under, ear plug gets knocked out....oh my goodness I could barely breathe! Mom was right there but it was the most stressful time of my life. No more beach sitting for me. BOO! I thought I had it made this year. So, now, I am enacting the safety rule for Whitfield at the beach. He must wear some type of flotation device or life jacket when barreling into waves. I like him to much to lose him in one. He doesn't weigh enough to withstand even the smallest of waves. Hahaha! I guess I did get what I asked for. He loves the ocean now.



1 comment:
I absolutely LOVE the picture of Kennedy sitting in the chair with her little "Budda Belly" sticking out!! That one is a keeper for the wedding video!!!!
Post a Comment