Spring is all about things coming alive. I love to see the flowers blooming. I love this weather with my entire soul! It just makes things happier. We received some hard news this week. My sister in law was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's 35 and she and my brother have 3 young children. You don't expect to hear something like that at this age. It's been a whirlwind of emotions among our families. It is funny how marriage unites even more that just two people. Every night since I heard I am praying hard for healing for Tonya. I am praying for her strength as a mom to be able to walk through all of this. I am praying for my sweet nieces and nephew. I am praying that my brother can continue to be a strong man of God as he has to watch the one he loves so much deal with all of this. And I know, that out there the same prayers are being lifted up by her family as well as mine....that along with the million dear friends that they have. I truly believe that prayers can change things. I don't like to ask why anymore, because I think eventually we are shown why. I will only ask for peace and healing right now. Well, it's Spring now. Spring reminds me of LIFE. I don't think that is coincidence about the timing of all of this. Life is precious. Each day we have together is truly God given. I am always so thankful to see my kids grow. We should soak in each day. Not everyday brings joy, but God's love and blessings are in each one of them. We just have to find them. I'm going to spend this spring praying for life. We'll look to the future and the positive things that are coming.
2 comments:
Very well put Katie! I believe God will show a miracle through Tonya! She has a HUGE support system!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kennedy's dress!! Love this post too!
Post a Comment