In the corner of my kitchen sits a little tiny picture in a small red frame. You might have been to my house a million times and not noticed it. It holds a picture of sweet little Bethany Green. She is the daughter of our dear friends, Brooke and Boyd. I remember the day I got to meet her. I looked into the eyes of a newborn that we knew would not be here on earth long. I don't think I'll ever forget what that did to me. I didn't have children of my own yet. I didn't even know how that bond felt, but I did see the pain and strength of two parents that had to let go of their precious child. I am so thankful to have been able to meet her. She has been a huge part in my raising of my children. She taught me to be thankful for each and every day we have with our little ones. Not every Mommy and Daddy get this many days to see their little ones grow. I am truly blessed. Brooke and Boyd have a foundation called Bethany's Place in honor of their daugther. The hopes of the foundation are that they will create a hospice for children. Each year they hold the Father Daughter Dance in order to raise money. I absolutely adore this day. It is a day we celebrate our daughters. We shower them with pretty things and a magical night. They are precious gifts these little girls. I am honored to be the mommy of my sweet Kennedy. She danced the night away and is still talking about it. What a sweet, sweet night. :)You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Father Daughter Dance
In the corner of my kitchen sits a little tiny picture in a small red frame. You might have been to my house a million times and not noticed it. It holds a picture of sweet little Bethany Green. She is the daughter of our dear friends, Brooke and Boyd. I remember the day I got to meet her. I looked into the eyes of a newborn that we knew would not be here on earth long. I don't think I'll ever forget what that did to me. I didn't have children of my own yet. I didn't even know how that bond felt, but I did see the pain and strength of two parents that had to let go of their precious child. I am so thankful to have been able to meet her. She has been a huge part in my raising of my children. She taught me to be thankful for each and every day we have with our little ones. Not every Mommy and Daddy get this many days to see their little ones grow. I am truly blessed. Brooke and Boyd have a foundation called Bethany's Place in honor of their daugther. The hopes of the foundation are that they will create a hospice for children. Each year they hold the Father Daughter Dance in order to raise money. I absolutely adore this day. It is a day we celebrate our daughters. We shower them with pretty things and a magical night. They are precious gifts these little girls. I am honored to be the mommy of my sweet Kennedy. She danced the night away and is still talking about it. What a sweet, sweet night. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment