Friday, March 26, 2010

3 :)

At 3 years old I am amazed at her language development. She says words like actually, probably, delicious and on and on. She catches onto things that I don't even know she is listening to. She's been running her mouth since she first uttered a word at 9 months. It is quite comical to listen to her make believe stories. Some might call them lies, but around here we call them stories. :)

This one is actually true. :)

K: Mommy, oh no, something TERRIBLE has happened.

ME: What, Kennedy?

K: My cat, someone must have stepped on him. (she got the tiny, very cheap, cat from an egg hunt at church) She is pretty upset at the point.

K: Do you think Daddy can fix him?

I tell her to go ask him. She runs in there and explains the terrible thing that happened.

Me: Gosh, Daddy, maybe it broke when I might have stepped on it today.

K: She whips that head around and says, "YOU stepped on him! OH NO!!!" (I can't get anything past her.)

Me: I might have stepped on him today.

K: It's ok. Did you step on him with big shoes? Maybe it was in my floor and you stepped on him with really big shoes. It's ok mommy. :)

By this point I am laughing hysterically and so is she. I love these moments. Maybe, just maybe, I'll remember them when she is slamming doors in my face when she is 13. Maybe time will stand still until then. :)

I love you Kennedy Susan.....with every ounce of my soul. That is a true story. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh I love it! You will so enjoy these stories one day!