Saturday, January 2, 2010

Little but Strong!


He's pretty tough, this little boy. The day of surgery was awful. He was so pitiful. That next morning he woke up and never remembered it! He is finally taking medicine again. He was a fighter about that as well. He didn't like the pain meds they had him on so he tried to boycott the rest of his meds. We stuffed it all in, not to worry! My main issue is these darn ear plugs. He HATES them. My dad simply says, "Have you told him why he is wearing them?" My reply, "No, Dad, he is 17 months old." :) Well, it is worth a try. So, I sit down with a 17 month old and explain that the doctor fixed his ears. I showed him the earplugs and told him the doctor said he has to wear them. He points to his ears the whole time I am telling him this and listening intently. I then try to put one in and to my complete surprise he lets me! He touches it and looks at me. Then I tell him we will do bubbles in the bath if he keeps them in. He lets me put the other one in, touches it and says, "BUBBLES!" as he runs to the bath tub. Wow. I was a bit speechless because I totally underestimated the brain of my baby. He doesn't speak as much as Kennedy, but he knows what is going on. I don't give him enough credit. I'm proud of you Whit. Gosh, you are getting to be such a BIG boy!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

The four sweetest words in the English language

I TOLD YOU SO

Sarah said...

He is really totally aware of everything, and I bet his language is about to EXPLODE! Banks's totally did at 18 months and there is no turning back! He's just collecting all those words in his head to surprise you with here really soon!