Monday, December 28, 2009

My Miracle at 3!




Birthdays got a new meaning when I became a mom. I thought they were all about me. It was in fact, my birthday. Now I see that they are about the day you were born, but it means so much more to the one that had you. It is the day I first held my baby in my arms. It is the day I first saw her face. I'll never in my life forget that moment. It is the day I was changed forever. This little girl, once just a hope and a prayer, is now 3. 3!!!!!!!! Life is flying and I know all too soon she will be running out my door and driving away. I hold onto sweet moments. I hold onto her a lot. I try my hardest to soak it all in because I love this. I was made to be a mom. I can see that in her already. She knows the role. She'll be a great one, too. She mothers everything she has, even Riley, that poor dog!
Kennedy,
I am honored to be your mommy. I am proud of everything you do. You have such a gentle spirit, yet at times it becomes a feisty spirit. You are giving and loving to those that mean so much to you. You truly know how to love. Your sweet little friends are your heart. You love your family so much. You truly appreciate togetherness and I love that about you. When we sit down as a family you announce how happy you are that we are all together. You love to tell stories and talk and talk and talk and talk...get my point? I love to hear everything you say. You have even started to discipline me. I said stupid the other day and you gave me a very long speech about how that was a bad choice. You are a good listener my dear. :) If I could pick any child in the entire world to be my daughter, I would choose you. You've made me a better person. You've made me appreciate the small things in life. You've shown me how a prayer can become reality and how God's love is SO great! All in 3 short years....3 quick years...you've changed me forever. I love you, my daughter. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Gosh.... she is just such a pretty girl! Happy Birthday Kennedy!