Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life's about....

I have been totally bummed out at work this week. I got to school Monday to find my classroom covered in 3 inches of water. We weren't even allowed in our rooms. I taught on the 8th grade hall that day, the library the next...and continued my homelessness through today. I don't know if you have ever smelled wet carpet, but it is AWFUL! I won't be going back in there anytime soon. I'll teach in the hallway if I have to. Being homeless at work has really gotten my mood down. It is just hard lugging my things everywhere. I have my purse in one room, my lunch in another...I really couldn't take much more! Then last night happened. Susan had to be taken to the hospital in the middle of the night last night. I have been really worried about her lately and it finally got bad enough for her to be hospitalized. She was pretty dehydrated and they admitted her to the hospital. As I type this, we are not really sure what is going on diagnosis wise, but they think that it is a bacterial infection. Please pray she heals quickly and the doctors find out what is wrong. Greg went up to the ER last night with his parents so we were up pretty late last night. I woke up today to meet my fellow grumpy teachers about the awful smell on our hallway with a new perspective. It's not about any of that. Life is about living. It's about taking these moments and making the best of them. I just walked in my stinky room, put my purse in my closet like I always do, and went on with my day of class in the library. There are worse things that could happen. So, after school, I took my kids to do some things they love. We played with the trains at Books a Million and saw the chinchillas at Petco. Then we came home and cranked up Christmas music and had a dance party. It was truly, truly, good for my soul.




I am even more thankful for my family today. I'm thankful that Susan is being taken care of, that God watches over us and protects us, and has kept all of us safe. May I pass by the small things in life and enjoy what life is truly about.

2 comments:

Kittie "Kat" said...

Adorable pictures!!

Sarah said...

Kennedy in that tutu warmed my heart! Too precious!