Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dear Kennedy,

I can't believe you are almost 3!! It seems like yesterday I was waiting on you to get here. My feet were so swollen I couldn't wear any shoes. I could barely walk. I couldn't feel my fingers. The minute I met you I forgot it all. It became the past and my life was forever changed. I remember that first moment, that look you had. I thought, "this is my child?" :) You are your daddy that is for sure! Tonight you helped me address and stuff your invitations to your big princess party. Your eyes twinkled with excitement as we put each invitation in the envelope. You truly sparkle with excitement about the things you love. You love princesses and babies. Purple is your "favorite kind of color." You tell me everyday that you took good care of your brother while at Michelle's. You say, "I made sure he didn't cry." Michelle says you don't give him the time of day there but that is your story everyday. You love him with your soul and I love that. You hugged my neck so tight last night and said, "Thank you so much Mommy! Thank you for letting my friends come over for my princess party!" I have been given such a grateful child. I've tried to teach you to be polite and generous. I try to teach you to appreciate even the little things and be thankful. To my surprise, you at almost 3, really get it. You are as grateful and appreciative as you could be at your age. You also told me tonight as you put on my ring that one day you would be married. Eyes twinkling again here...you say, " I will wear a beautiful ring and carry flowers in my arms." You are the same sweet little baby that I first held on that December day. 3 years later, you have dreams of being a princess, of marrying your prince and I am at a loss for words. I know you will grow and change. I cherish you now, my precious Kennedy. I cherish these sweet moments when life has no worries. You have no fears. You only know love and happiness. I hope you always hold on to that. I know the world will reach you, but for now, you live in this land of pure joy. Thank you for bringing that back to my life. Because of you I am full of that joy each day when I see you smile or hear a Kennedy story. My miracle, my joy, I love you so much.

Mommy