I miss my grandmother. I know just how much it would have brought her joy to see me as a mother. Her heart was broken when we lost our first baby. I could tell it in her voice. And when we called to tell her we were having Kennedy I have never heard such joy in her voice. She and my sister in law helped throw me a mail shower because she couldn't be here. Her gift was a tiny little feltman brother's gown. It still hangs in Kennedy's room. I know she had visions of holding my baby in that gown. She passed away the month Kennedy was born. I miss her. I wish she had held my sweet baby....then my next baby. She would have hated what I named my children. Ohhh....how she would have talked about me. But she would have loved them. This picture speaks wonders to me. I still grieve the loss of a great strong woman in my life, but I can give my children two great grandmothers that are just as great and strong. They aren't my childhood memories but they are Greg's. This picture speaks so many words.....standing between them are two entire generations. 4 generations these women still stand, with so many memories of the ones they raised, then watched their children raise children, and now watch those children raise their children....I hope one day my children look back and see what strong women they came from. From these women, to their MaMa and NaNa they never got to meet.....they come from a long line of truly great people. All in a picture...



3 comments:
Adorable pictures!!
Aww Katie I wish your Mamaw was still here too.. you made me cry. Kennedy and Whit are too precious.. I love them!!! I want you closer to me.
I know you do miss her. Everyone does. Brian really isn't able to talk about her without getting choked up. It's the only thing thats ever made him emotional. The holidays just are not the same. She would love to see Whit and Kennedy- but what am I talking about- she is seeing them. I know she's so proud of you. You are a great mother!
Happy Thanksgiving Katie, Greg, Kennedy, and Whit!!
Post a Comment