Saturday, September 12, 2009

A lady

I met a lady today. She didn't know me at all. After talking for a while she figured out which "olliff" I was. Then we started talking and she said, "I remember praying for you to have a baby." She asked me if I had lost my first baby. Yes. Then she asked me if I had trouble getting pregnant. Yes. She had been told my story and prayed for me to have a child. Over three years later we meet and I cried a little. The power of prayer is amazing. I think so often we pray and pray for things and don't realize who else is out there praying for us. When good things happen we don't instantly think, who prayed for us? We are just thankful. So, today, I am thankful to all of those who prayed for my children. Many of you were my prayer warriors and I cannot thank you enough. Maybe in this life, I can be worthy to our Lord of all I have been given. I am thankful for this life. I say it a lot here but there are days that I don't remember to be thankful. Yet, in it all, I know what miracles I feed each day. I know what a miracle it is to watch my kids run around my house. They are a testament of the power of prayer and I am a thankful mommy. So, wherever you are in life, know that there are people out here praying for you. And who knows? Someday you might meet the lady that prayed for you and didn't know you. And you might cry and give her a hug like I did.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's an amazing story!