I have to think hard to answer the "How old is he?" question. One, is usually my reply. With Kennedy it was 13 1/2 months or whatever the round half or whole was. How silly...:) I think he is very unconcerned about my lack of keeping up with his age. He is busy growing into a little boy and that involves getting into EVERYTHING around here.I think I enjoyed each stage K has walked through. I remember at this point thinking about how grown up she was. I blogged about her becoming a little girl. I don't think I pushed her through any stage. I really feel like I enjoyed each one. With Whit I find myself lingering in the stages. I guess as much as I tried to soak it all in with K I wanted to see her grow. I started to view her as my older child at this point because by now I was halfway through my pregnancy with Whit. I treat Whit like my baby. Oh, he is just the baby...that is heard a lot around here. I love that waddle. I wish, wish, wish, I could keep it in my mind forever. All too soon he will be running and I will forget. I think my knowledge this time makes me try to soak it in a little more. I probably baby him a little too much. I am totally ok with that. He is my baby. And I think he is pretty stinking precious.
Here is what Whitty is into these days....
*Balls of any kind
*GOLF! He always has a club in his hand in the yard
*Talking: He is the king of one word demands....bite, ball, dog...we also hear a LOT of DA...or BA...which mean nothing but that he wants to say what he is pointing to but doesn't know the word or can't say it. I speak fluent Whit so I can figure out a few things but to the average ear it is DA and BA! He can tell you where his hair is and his toes. He is completely uninterested in the rest of his parts I am trying to teach him. He can show you his shoes. He does not care to make animal sounds. Occasionally you will get a moo or woof but he really doesn't like to do that. SuSu taught him ribbit which comes out as a deep voice roar...but he is saying ribbit. You have to speak fluent Whit to understand that as well. He can say Dew and Jack and I think that is sweet. He has friends. :) I guess Lorelei and Kennedy are a bit harder to say! :)
*He is so good at following directions. This amazes me. I think it is because K still doesn't do it. Whit came to me with something to throw away and says Da! I say, "Go put it in the trash." He walks to the trash and throws it in. He is a smart boy. :)
*He climbs. I think he would be on the counter if he could figure that out.
*"SIDE" this is Whit's version of outside. He goes to the door and yells, "side!" When I mention these one syllable words you need to picture a baby barking a demand. Everything he says is a demand. He yells it. SIDE! Ok, ok, we're going! ;)
*He is now walking very fast. It is close to a run, but he falls on a regular basis. When he sees a step he sits down to go down. So cute...:)
*He gives the best kisses and hugs.
*He is a champion food thrower. We are discussing the importance of keeping your food on your plate. I have also discussed with him the fact that there are not dogs at restaurants to clean up under him. He doesn't care. He still throws.
*He is learning to use a spoon and is pretty good at it.
*He is good at making us happy. He makes everyone in this house a little happier when he is around. Even Riley's life is better with him here. We love you, sweet Whitty Whit.
As always, he is on the go!
I am so, so blessed to have this baby in my life. I wanted a girl so badly. I think all women want a girl deep down. Then when you have a little boy you realize how much you needed him. We need that calmness in this house. Whit has fit into this family and made it feel whole. I am so thankful I didn't have time to worry about ever having a second child. I was just given him. I don't know what great thing I did to deserve him, but I do know I am grateful. Thank you God, for filling my home with these precious little feet. 14 months ago I was worried about how I would make it.....would I be a good mom to two? I don't know how good I have been but my kids seem to be making it. And each day that passes I know that I am blessed. I am so, so proud to be your mommy, Whitfield Daniel. I love you!
1 comment:
He really is so sweet Katie!!
Post a Comment