Friday, July 17, 2009

ONE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITTY WHIT!!

A year...it is only 365 days, right? I look pretty much the same every year. Well, you would have to take out the last 3 years, but you get my point, right? My baby turned a year old today. I am a super emotional person. I have only cried a little today. :) Let's look back for a moment...Whit, one year ago today. We met you. You were sweet from the very start. Just beautiful....

Our first moments together...

AND TODAY!!! Now I cry...looking at how much you have grown. It is just 365 days, right? My, oh my, how that many days can change a baby. You are turning into a little BOY!! We spent the day doing your favorite things. That started with a nice pancake breakfast with your sister. Then you had a nice morning nap. Then we were off to the pool with your friends!

You played with the big kids.



You loved on sweet Lorelei, your soon to be bestest friend. :)


You went home and napped again. You woke up and helped Daddy with some yard work. Then we took you to eat. That is your favorite thing in life, eating. You got to hear the Happy Birthday song in Spanish and wear the Sombrero...don't think you liked it much...:)






Your sister and Drew made you some delicious cupcakes. Way too many sprinkles if you ask me, but who is counting right?


We sang to you. Daddy got too close to you with the fire and I yelled at him. He blew your candle out. I think he thought you knew to do that. :)





You tested the waters....






And decided a birthday is pretty stinking fabulous!! :)


I hope your entire life is as happy as this first one has been. You were born smiling I think. You cry only when you are really upset. You "crawl" through life with such joy. You are truly our little ray of sunshine. You were once called that because you were completely yellow, which mommy does not like to remember those days. I see you grow each day. Most days we just walk through life, but some I like to hold you a little longer. I love when you fall asleep on the way home from the pool and I get to hold you all snuggly. You never snuggle. I hold you extra long those days and I thank God in those moments. I thank Him for blessing us with you. Our home was missing a huge piece before you came. I wish I could adequately describe you in words, but mine don't do it justice. It's a mother's love that can't be described until you are one. I have that mother's love for you my Whit. I love you to the ends of the earth. I love you more than I could ever have imagined. May you always know that you are loved from the start. So, today, we celebrate you. We celebrate the gift God gave us. And I will be thankful for these 365 days I have had with you. I will pray for millions more together. I love you so much, my sweet Whitty Whit!!


3 comments:

Kittie "Kat" said...

Sweet blog. Love his birthday outfit! pro

Aims said...

So so so sweet!

Kasey said...

Love this post!