I think I would call this my favorite summer is many, many years. Let's review back to my past few summers. Summer 05: That was the summer I couldn't get pregnant and was so upset....not my greatest moment in life. Summer 06: Kennedy was on the way! I was just a little pregnant so I could still enjoy summer. Now that I think back, I wonder what I did with myself all day long. What did I do? Summer07: Kennedy was here! This was a harder summer because Kennedy was still little. It was still so much fun to show her all the things I love about summer. :) Summer 08: Waiting on Whitfield...:) I was SUPER
preggo...but K and I still took advantage of the pool everyday and then naps in the afternoon. I just had to nap as well. Then we got to meet Whit!! Then I was fat again....yuck! Which leads me to Summer 09, my favorite summer! I am not near as fat. Ha! :) My kids are a year, and 2 1/2 so they are so into my favorite summer things. I love the pool. My kids get that after me. Whit is so tan it is
embarrassing. People are in shock when they see him. I put 50 sunscreen on that baby but he just gets so tan! This is the first summer in forever that I have had no agenda. I have no list of projects to finish. I had no timeline for things to accomplish. I just wanted to spend it with my babies. We took them to the beach, the pool, to visit lots and lots of family, to the lake, and played and played at home. We celebrated Whit turning one. We took lots and lots of naps. I cleaned out one closet. I have a lot more to clean, but I don't care. I have 100% spent my summer playing and enjoying my life. For that, I am truly thankful. I can go back to work now refreshed. I am filled. And now, due to the lovely furlough, I get two more days with my babies. I'll soak up a little more sun and enjoy my babies for a few more days before I have to say goodbye to my wonderful summer. :)
Here are some pics of the past few days....
Breakfast at the kid table. Whit is so big now!!

Playing with Whit's birthday present...a sand and water table!

Playing some more!

I learned how to make bows!!!
Yay!!! This was my first one. Not my best work...they got much better. I will post more later. I went a little crazy.

What a big boy!!
1 comment:
Can't believe your little neighbor is not digging in that sand with them!!! These must have been taken while Jen was still trying to get him to nap!!!
Post a Comment