I can't believe he has been around that long! The entire time we were on vacation this year I kept thinking about how pregnant I was last year. Now we have him here, on the outside where I like him, and the Olliff family is forever changed. We didn't know what we were missing. I wish I could put into words how special this little boy is to my family. I'll try, but it won't do it justice. I often think we need to have three children. Greg has a different opinion of that. Then there are times were I think two is just enough. Then there are the times I laugh at myself for even thinking I have any choice in the matter. We are the couple that has the doctor diagnosis of not being able to EVER get pregnant on our own. Those are the moments when I remember I am the proud "owner" of two genuine miracles. I know all children are miracles, but I am thankful for my extra special miracles that were given to me. We walked a long walk for this. I won't ever take my gifts for granted. Not even when I am covered in throw up while riding on I75 through downtown Atlanta. I might not feel as grateful, but I won't take it for granted. So, if God ever does grace us with another miracle, I'll take it. Until then, I am going to enjoy these precious children I was given. I think Whit knows his place here. He has a job around here and takes it very seriously. He is our happy place. Are you sad? He'll give you the sweetest smile you've ever seen. Are you tired? He'll get you to get up and chase him, and chase him, and chase him. Are you needed someone to snuggle? Oh, he's not your man on that one. This boy only likes to go, go, go!
He likes to be right in the middle of the action. :)

Sometimes he finds himself in a place he is not so approving of. Shortly after this picture she shoved him into the concrete. Lovely.

He might question being a part of this family sometimes. I can see that.
But, in the end I think he enjoys it. His big sister is his world. This morning I put them at the table for the first time. Look at my big boy!!
What a big boy!! He ate and ENTIRE biscuit!!
*You can pull up like crazy!
*You can cruise now! You pull up and that is not enough for you. Now you can make it around the table.
*You can stand for maybe a second by yourself. Today, you stood up all by yourself. I screamed and you fell over. Sorry. I will try to let you accomplish things without interfering next time.
*You love to eat. You are not so interested in nursing anymore and that is harder on me than you. You eat all kinds of foods. I haven't found much you won't eat.
*You love trucks and anything with wheels. Your favorite toy is Kennedy's popper. When Drew gets it out you try your hardest to get it from him.
*You have a total of 3 1/2 teeth. The half is the top left that is taking forever to come in.
* You can say a few words. Bye bye, MaMa, Dog. There are a few more but they can't be determined right now. I'll get back to you on that one.
I want with all my heart to keep you a baby. I know that you are going to turn into a toddler before my eyes all too soon. My mom says you'll always be my baby, so I guess that will have to do. I love you with every ounce of my soul, my precious baby. Don't get mad at me when you are 18 and I am still calling you my baby. I am sorry in advance for that. Love, Mom

5 comments:
That picture of them at the table reminded me that I need to get Whit his very own Story People painting! I'll get on that soon.
Oh, yay..I would love that!! :)
Love reading your posts Katie! SO, so sweet... motherhood suits you so very well!
Katie - you write the most beautiful things!
I am having trouble. I have narrowed it down to two Story People pictures but I can't decide. Do you want to have a say in the choice or do you want to be surprised?
Post a Comment