Monday, May 11, 2009

For my MaMa

My MaMa (my grandmother) passed away when I was 9 months pregnant with Kennedy. I did not get to go to the funeral because I was too pregnant to travel that far. I think for that reason I have had a hard time dealing with her death. Funerals are for you to say goodbye and I didn't get to do that. She was the leader of our extended family and it has been really hard to keep up with everyone. When you lose that person it is so hard to fill her absence. I loved her. I loved so much about her. All this to say, we made the HUGE trek to Dyersburg (my old hometown) this weekend. I haven't seen my grandfather in a long time. Whit got to meet him and it was sweet. It's empty in that house. It is hard and strange and ok all at the same time. So I took pictures of my kids crawling all over my MaMa's house. I laughed as Kennedy made laps around it giggling. I showed her all my favorite childhood things about that house. She ran through my MaMa's kitchen and cackled and I knew that our long hours in the car were worth it. Papa just smiled at my precious children and it was worth it. I made my MaMa happy. She would have loved my children. She would also say that I need to come visit more often....I know, I know!! Here are a few pics of us with PaPa!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You made both of them proud!