Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Get to know my Whit..

Whit turned 7 months today! Sweet baby...he is getting so big. Well not actually big in size just age and development. He is a skinny little boy. He takes after the Sartin's for sure on that one! Greg was a chunky little baby and I was the skinny one. It is funny how that happens. He is working on learning to sit up, but still seems far away from that one. I laugh because Kennedy was at the perfect plop down age at 6 months and here we are at 7 and he has no interest in that. He is working VERY hard at learning to crawl. He can move around in a good circle to get places but can't figure out the forward movement. Crawling must be way more important to him. I took a TON of pictures today and yesterday and had trouble choosing for this post. So I thought I would take you on a little "get to know Whit journey" through my pictures. He is just so sweet!

All smiles...most of the time he is all smiles. He does pitch a few fits but those are usually for others and not me. He is happy in my arms. If I carried him around all day I don't think he would ever cry. This little boy loves his mommy already and I love that about him. Greg also lights up his world. He gets so excited when he gets home everyday!

The boy loves a nap. He is rolly polly lately in his crib. He prefers his tummy to sleep on. I will put him down in one spot and come back in and he is completely turned around in the other direction. How did he do that?
Wake up! Ok, yes I woke him up with the camera. In my defense he had been sleeping 2 1/2 hours and needed to eat. So I snapped a few. The paci....he LOVES his paci. LOVES IT!



Good morning! When someone wakes you up, how do you feel? Whit gets excited!


His sister...I'll catch him just watching her all the time. She amazes him I think. She breezes by him and could care less and there he sits gazing at her in amazement.



I love a brother/sister picture! Kennedy wanted to get in his crib with him after nap time this morning.


The jumperoo makes him happy. And that paci again...I have never had a baby that can take it out and put it back in! It still amazes me.


He put it in himself. Can you tell?



I love that he is still a baby. When Kennedy turned 7 months I talked about how old she was. I was thinking she was so close to a year. How do I feel this time around? Well, first of all I appreciate this lack of sitting up he has given me. It makes him still feel so "baby" and that makes me feel like he is staying a baby a little longer. I think the first time around you rush through things no matter how hard you try not to. This time I am cherishing a little more. I used to think I could not wait for Kennedy to tell me she loves me. And now she does and it melts my heart to pieces. But I can look into my son's sweet brown eyes and see that emotion. I don't need to hear it. He says it in a look and that for now is all I need. I never thought we needed another baby so soon and now I cannot imagine life without him. He is ours and just perfect. He brings a sweet joy to my home. I wish I could adequately put into words how I feel but my words won't do it justice. If you are a mom you know how I feel. I love him...I love him to the ends of the earth and more. You are my sweet angel, my Whit, and I am so blessed to be your mom. I love you!













2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah! So terribly sweet! He is just precious!

And I'm trying to ignore the 2 crib fouls...

Michelle said...

Don't you love these weeks off!!! We need time to reflect on these babies!