Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little prayerful today

You have those type of friends that are family more than friends. I can list off a handful or so of those type of friends. And when something happens to them it hurts you to the bottom of your soul like it would if it were yourself. That's how I have felt today. Chad and Jen had to take Lorelei to the hospital in the middle of the night last night. She was running a high fever and they have so far diagnosed her with some type of bacterial sickness. I will always say that little Drew Prosser feels just as much mine as Jen's and I can say the same for little Lorelei. So today this friend is a little more prayerful. I pray God's healing on a tiny one that just made it into this world. I pray comfort for her parents and calmness for her brother. I kissed on that sweet Drew Prosser a little more today for his mommy since she couldn't. I believe that there are reasons for everything we walk through. So as my friends walk through this I will pray for reasons and healing. Reasons we can't see right now but pray knowing He will take care of them.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We are praying!

Sandra Bird said...

Thanks, Katie. I know a lot of people out there are sending up a lot of prayers and today has been a better day. I feel so far away and am so glad Jen and Chad have the support they do. It has been all I can do not to get in the car. But Jen keeps reassuring me she is fine and I am relying on her to let me know if the time is right for me to come. I know when the family gets back together they are going to need all the "normal" and time to rest they can get so I am hanging tight here making soup (it's therapeutic!)and my church friends are praying, too.

The photo is lovely, by the way!

Kittie "Kat" said...

Thank you, Katie. And thanks to Greg for staying with Drew until I got there. I'm so thankful ya'll are next door! I definitely believe that was God's plan!!