Friday, October 17, 2008

3 Months Old!! WOW!

Whit is now officially 3 months old! I started the tradition of taking a little photo shoot on their month birthdays with Kennedy. It is neat to look back and see how they have grown! I took him out for his photo shoot today and he was so serious about it! I wanted to get some with the pumpkins but it didn't work out quite as planned. Kennedy got very jealous while I was trying to take his pictures so that got cut shorter than I wanted. Anyways, here are some pics from our day. He is getting to be such a big boy!

At 3 months:

* You love to play on the floor. Your favorite toy is your mirror and play gym. You like to lay on your tummy and just look at yourself!

*You can roll over!

*You are perfecting the "social" smile as we have named it. You participate in life around you and really find the joy in it. It melts my heart to have you just look up and me and grin.

* You are a very happy boy! I can't even think of the last time you were really mad!

* You love your sister. I will catch you just watching her and smiling.

*You are getting very good at holding your head up while on your tummy.

*You are working on sleeping through the night. You don't need a feeding much anymore in the night. You just require a transfer of beds (from yours to mine!) about 3:00 every night. I am working on correcting that but it is taking some time! You are very spoiled! (that would be my fault)

*You are still obsessed with your paci. It is a necessity for sleep!

I wish I could put into words how much he has changed our lives. I worried so much that we weren't ready for this and that I couldn't love another one like I did Kennedy. If you are a mother you know how deep the love you have for your child. If you are a mother of two or more you know how much your love can grow. I just stare at him sometimes and wonder what I would have done without him. I cannot imagine our family without him now! He melts my heart a hundred times a day. I love being a mom and God has given me so much in giving my children. I am forever grateful for my little miracles.

I love this little smirk!






And I didn't want to leave out a smile! This smile was for his Daddy!








And not to forget poor Kennedy. She is under the weather today running a fever. I made her a bed on the couch (something my mommy always did for me) and turned on a little cartoons. She was pitiful! Hopefully she will be better tomorrow!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Whit! And feel better Kennedy! It's funny, I think Whit looks exactly like you, Katie! And yet, there are enough similarities between him and Kennedy that you can totally tell they are siblings!

Sandra Bird said...

Katie: No boy could look more like his mother than Whit does--especially with the smirk! HA!
He is adorable--and looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see in person how much he has grown. The timing of that is up to Lorelei, though! See you within the month!